MUSCAT : Following are the tips provided by ROP for safe driving during the rain:
• Drive slowly and maintain an appropriate distance with the vehicle in front of you in order to be able to act correctly in an emergency or any situation.
• Use the extra lights – flashlights – as traffic law permits the use of additional light during low horizontal vision.
• When driving in flooded water, do not press the accelerator pedal, point the wheels forward without leaning, and do not apply the brakes until you have regained full control of the vehicle.
• If the vehicle is skidding, steer the wheel in the direction you wish to go, and do not apply hard brakes.
• Under no pressure should you drive fast; it is better to be late than never arrive.
The post ROP calls on motorists to follow caution during rains appeared first on The Arabian Stories News.